Finger Gauntlets “The King's Guard”
Hourglass gauntlets, leather exterior
This is an exclusive version of our knight's finger gauntlets for late XIV century “The King's Guard” armour kit. Our finger gauntlets are already well-known among Reenactment and SCA communities, but here we are presenting this line of products in its' very pinnacle.
Hourglass type gauntlets are probably the best choice for the people who prefer to fight in finger gauntlets. They provide great protection as well as good flexibility and “sense” of sword or weapon's shaft. At the same time they are inherently sturdier and easier to take care compere to the later types with more pronounced joint articulation.
The gauntlets are made from stainless steel: 16 ga (1.5 mm) for the main plate, 18 ga (1 mm) for the finger plates with 16 ga (1.5 mm) brass knuckles and finger tips. Exterior decoration of the main plate is following well documented late XIV fashion of covering the elements of the armor (including gauntlets) with dyed split leather, velvet or wool cloth. Brass decoration of the main plate with Latin inscriptions on the edges give to the gauntlets their rich and stylish look worthy of the most demanding medieval magnate.
We have a lot of pictures of our etched armour after several years of active fighting usage - don't worry, this armour is not only beautiful, but functional and with all those marks, dents and scratches it looks even better.
To check how to measure yourself please click here.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions.
Safety disclaimer: Sword-fighting and fencing is a dangerous sport. Fencing, historical fencing, medieval reenactment and martial arts as well as other related types of activity, are inherently connected to a certain risk level of injuries or death. The Company declines all responsibility for any traumas or harm done to oneself or to the third person, along with any material or consequential damage, impaired during the products usage. We admonish that all acts with armour, weapons or their components have to be performed before designated person who is responsible for safety of the particular event and accredited to supervise armour and sport weapon conformance to the event’s standards.
Compare to our previous versions of our hourglass gauntlets version we made some upgrades improving gauntlets safety and ergonomic:
- Deeper finger plates;
- Deeper thumb plate protecting thumb's tip;
- Improved shape of the main plate to protect inside of the palm and wrist;
- Little finger plates angles of assembly and mounting to the main plate have been changed to protect outer edge of the little finger;
- Leather inner gloves are included.
- Etched brass knuckles and bordering;
- Main plate covered with dyed split leather;
- Curling wire decorations;
- Handmade brass rivets with cast decorative heads;
- Etched inscription on knuckles: “Dictum factum”(latin) — “What's said is done” (eng);
- Etched inscription on brass border: “Contra iram inimicorum meorum extendes manum [tuam]” (Psalm 138:7, latin), which translates “Thou shalt stretch forth [thine] hand against the wrath of mine enemies”.
This item is part of the “The King's Guard” collectionView collection