Gauntlets “The King's Guard”
Medieval hourglass finger gauntlets
“The most beautiful, delicate, yet strongest piece of art, I have ever set my eyes upon” (Antonella)
“How about the most beautiful churburg armour I have ever seen” (Alex)
“Elegantly awaiting a foe...” (Brett)
Just a few comments from people when they first saw this...
This is the first piece of our “The King's Guard” XIV century armour kit. Our hourglasses finger gauntlets are well-known among SCA and reenactment people, and this is probably the best version of them.
Materials are stainless steel (1.5 mm or 16 ga) for main plates and 1 mm (18 ga) on fingers with 1.5 mm (16 ga) brass knuckles and finger cops.
“Hourglasses” are probably the best choice for people who prefer to fight in finger-gauntlets. They provide great protection as well as good flexibility and “sense” of sword or shaft.
We have a lot of pictures of our etched armour after several years of active fighting usage — do not worry, this armour is not only beautiful but functional and with all those marks and scratches it looks even better.
To check how to measure yourself please click here.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions.
Safety disclaimer: Sword-fighting and fencing is a dangerous sport. Fencing, historical fencing, medieval reenactment and martial arts as well as other related types of activity, are inherently connected to a certain risk level of injuries or death. The Company declines all responsibility for any traumas or harm done to oneself or to the third person, along with any material or consequential damage, impaired during the products usage. We admonish that all acts with armour, weapons or their components have to be performed before designated person who is responsible for safety of the particular event and accredited to supervise armour and sport weapon conformance to the event’s standards.
In comparison to the first version of how hourglasses this one has some improvements and upgrades:
- Deeper knuckle plates;
- Deep thumb plate which protects thumb's tip;
- Improved shape of the main plate to keep you safe from inside;
- Little finger plates angle changed to protect side of your little finger;
- Inner leather gloves are included.
- Etched brass knuckles and bordering;
- Сurling wire decorations;
- Handmade casting rivets;
- Etched inscription on knuckles: “Dictum factum” (latin) — “What is said is done” (eng);
- Etched inscription on brass border: “Contra iram inimicorum meorum extendes manum [tuam]” (Psalm 138:7, latin), which means “Thou shalt stretch forth [thine] hand against the wrath of mine enemies”.
This item is part of the “The King's Guard” collectionView collection
Join Armstreet today!
Keep your measurements sets, orders and tracking history and deepest desires in one place!
One more thing – we give $15 on your first purchase.