Men's Medieval Chausses
Renaissance classic woolen pants
The joined chausses are typical for the first half of the XVth century. This design has only three seams. Two rear seams join pant legs, central rear seam joins two halves of the chausses at the backside. At the front chausses are furnished with the typical additional detail - codpiece that is attached to them with lacing. Also lacing fastens rear vents at the ankle for better fitting.
Joined chausses are the transitional form of the clothes between separate hose and trousers. They are made of tough cloth cut on the bias as the wool in this direction is more yielding and stretches almost as knitted fabric. Please note that when you keep chausses in hands they look too long and narrow as soon as put on they stretch and take the shape of the owner. There is a casing in the belt that allows adjustment of the waist for several centimeters. Chausses can also be tied up with the laces, straps or ribbons for better fixation in desired positions.
Please note that dark blue wool has a very dark shade, that may appear black under electric light indoors.
To check how to measure yourself please click here.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions.
- 100% natural wool
- Codpiece, lacing for better fitting
- XVth century design
- Size S: waist 27. 5'' — 31.5'' (70-80 cm), hips 35.5''- 38.5'' (90-98 cm)
- Size M: waist 31.5'' — 34.5'' (80-88 cm), hips 38.5'' - 42'' (98-107 cm)
- Size L: waist 34.5'' — 38.5'' (88-98 cm), hips 42''- 45.5'' (108-116 cm)
- Size XL: waist 38.5'' — 43.5'' (98-110 cm), hips 45.5'' - 48'' (116-122 cm)