“Hourglass” Medieval Finger Gauntlets
Fighting medieval armor for SCA and reenactment
Our famous combat-ready “Hourglass” finger gauntlets for SCA and medieval reenactment. Excellent quality handmade armor based on the survived historical examples of late XIV - early XV centuries.
The original design of these gauntlets appeared in the second half of XIV century was so lucky that for almost a century most of the finger gauntlets were deriving from this type. “Hourglass” gauntlets and their modifications were seen on the battlefields of the Medieval Europe from the Battle of Auray to the Battle of Castillon. Perhaps, lots of these metal gloves were still in use during the War of The Roses – especially among men-at-arms and professional soldiers. Decades of wars proved the endurance and safety of this design. These steel gauntlets are the single most important model in our SCA gauntlets line.
Our “Hourglass” medieval gauntlets are the universal armor hand protection ranging the activities from heavy SCA combat to the rebated steel melee and suitable for virtually any weapon from halberd or battle-ax to an early XVI century ritteschwert – for all fighters and warriors who needs precision weapon control and fingers dexterity.
This model of gauntlets has been developed and improved in constant consultations with SCA marshals and fighters.
Finger-gauntlets are made of 16 ga stainless steel. Great flexibility as well as a right level of hand protection and sweet craftsmanship. The deep curvature of the finger segments ensures best protection one can get from the SCA finger-gauntlets.
Changes in comparison to the previous model:
- Deeper finger plates;
- Significantly deeper thumb plate with shaped tip;
- Changes in main plate shape at internal side of the hand - edge of the plate now protects you from hit from inside;
- Little finger plates turned on 15-20 degrees to adequately protect little finger from hit from below both when fingers bunched in the fist or relaxed;
- Index finger plates are also turned a bit to close gap between finger plates and sword grip;
- Inner leather gloves are included.
To check how to measure yourself please click here.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions.